For over 50 years, Precision Tank has provided innovative liquid storage solutions for a wide array of industries. A leading organization of unrivaled products and services built on the legacies of Precision Tank & Equipment and A&B Welding. Together we share a vision of providing our customers the most extensive offering of premier liquid storage solutions served by Precision Tank, Inc. and the professional construction services of Precision Liquid Construction, LLC.
- In August 1965, founders Glen Brandt, Larue Jacobs and Tom Sutton were enjoying an afternoon at a county fair, not merely sipping lemonade, but finding themselves chatting about the future of farming and the growth in liquid fertilizer products. Acquiring tanks was problematic, so they came up with the idea to build tanks themselves. After joining with some local investors, it wasn't long before the vision of Precision Tank & Equipment became a reality.
- With 10 acres, a large building near Virginia, Il and the focus to design and make field proven fertilizer storage and practical handling equipment, this liquid fertilizer industry company soon began making its mark.
- In 1985, the company expanded to Athens, IL, acquiring the local assets of MAPCO Thermogas. Just a year later PT&E also acquired the assets of Great Northern, gaining knowledgeable employees, some of whom are among the 50 currently working.
- In 2009, we began constructing a new 30,000 sq.ft. manufacturing building in Ligonier, Indiana. Opening in 2010, PT&E began producing 12' diameter fiberglass tanks at Ligonier, plus stainless steel tanks.
- In 2013, we began constructing a new 35,000 sq.ft. manufacturing building in Humboldt, Iowa. Opening in 2014, PT&E began producing 11' 7'' diameter fiberglass tanks at Humboldt, plus stainless steel tanks. Precision is excited to add fiberglass tanks to our versatile product line. Precision Tank can now manufacture 30,000 gallon tanks in your choice of fiberglass, stainless steel, or mild steel.
- 2015, Precision Tank & Equipment acquired A&B Welding of Thompson, Iowa. A company primarily focused on large capacity, field-erected tank construction and piping started by Arlin and Betty Kiel in 1979.
- Precision Tank renovates brand identity
View Press Release >